My daughter is becoming increasingly capable in the kitchen and today, not quite a Sunday, but close enough, she asked to make an omelet for lunch for all four of us. It was delicious, made use of what we happened to have in the refrigerator, and very satisfying. Especially because she was the chef.
See what you think (variations encouraged):
1/2 tsp seasoned salt
fresh ground pepper
splash of milk
3/4 cup diced cooked chicken, seasoned with thyme
1/2 cup diced tomatoes
1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1. Whisk eggs, milk, seasoned salt and pepper until foamy
2. Warm a frying pan over medium low heat; add a pat of butter
3. Once butter is melted, pour egg mixture into pan and let set until mostly cooked -- about 6 - 8 minutes
4. Add chicken and tomatoes in center of egg mixture, sprinkle with cheese.
5. When omelet is mostly dry (cooked), fold in half and finish cooking.
6. Serve hot.